December 30, 2013
December 26, 2013
1 carrot, chopped,
2 cups celery, chopped,
1 medium onion, chopped,
1/2 clove garlic (can substitute garlic powder)
Oil for sauteing
2 qts beef or chicken broth (or 2 qts. boiling water with 8 cubes bouillon)
1 large can tomatoes chopped (stewed or diced)
1/2 cup uncooked rice
1 large can red or kidney beans (or 2 cups home cooked beans)
1 box frozen, chopped spinach,
1/4 tsp. pepper (optional),
1 tsp. salt (omit if using bouillon cubes)
2 Tbls. parsley, chopped (optional)
Saute carrots, celery, onions and garlic in oil for 10 minutes.
Use just enough oil to keep it from burning.
If you are using onion and garlic powder, add it only the last few minutes of sauteing.
Add broth, chopped tomatoes and rice.
Cook until tender.
Add beans, spinach, pepper, salt and parsley.
Simmer 1 hour
December 16, 2013
December 15, 2013
December 3, 2013
December 2, 2013
November 28, 2013
November 12, 2013
Tuesday - Chili Spaghetti, Veggies & Rolls
Wednesday - Teriyaki Chicken, Steamed Rice, Stir-Fry Veggies & Pineapple.
Thursday - Homemade Mac & Cheese, Salad.
November 7, 2013
Tuesday - Stuffed Zucchini (A pasta-free/gf option similar to lasagna) & rolls.
Wednesday - Caesar Salad w/Grilled Chicken & garlic rolls.
Thursday - Meatloaf, Garlic Mashed Potatoes & Steamed Veggies.
October 21, 2013
8c. AP Flour
3c. COLD Water
-Mix all together (you'll need a BIG mixer or make in 2 batches) & knead into ball form.
-Cut & round into 7oz balls. (Or smaller)
-Wrap individual balls in plastic wrap OR rub lightly with olive oil & store in tupperware not touching another ball.
-Yields 10-12 7oz balls.
-Can be held up to 3 days.
-Since you use cold water the yeast will not activate until baked. Its magical.
-One 7oz ball makes a "personal" 10inch pizza. If you make smaller balls they make a better "personal" size pizza as a 10in pizza can feed 2 people a good amount.
-A CM's recipe.
July 2, 2013
What You Need:
- 4 cups peppers & fruit (jalapeño peppers & mangos are my fave. jalapenos are seeded & finely chopped, mangos are seeded & peeled, then pureed or finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water (or 100% fruit juice to match your added fruit)
- 3 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl, divided
- 1 box SURE-JELL Premium Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine
May 5, 2013
- 1c. ice (You can omit the ice if using frozen fruit, but I like my shakes cold)
- 1/2c. oatmeal
- 1/4c. flax seed (I use whole, roasted from Trader Joes)
- 1T. local honey (only needed if using plain yogurt)
- 1 banana fresh
- 1c. other fruit (today I used peaches)
- 1/3-1/2c. goats milk yogurt (or greek)
- Enough juice or water or milk to blend
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use MonaVie which is soy free)
March 1, 2013
1 box devils food cake mix
1/2 c. canola oil (veg or corn oil is fine too)
- Pre-heat oven to 350*
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Grease pan...I use Pam.
- Scoop/roll dough into balls.
- Place dough on trays.
- Press dough with palm or glass to slightly flatten.
- Bake 7-9 minutes till cookie looks like its starting to crack. (You can't judge this cookie by its color.)
- Fill (see options below) & press another cookie on top.
- Store in a Tupperware container.
- 1 batch makes 20 large cookies = 10 filled oreos
- Cream Cheese Frosting (search my blog I've got a recipe, but it makes a TON)
- Store bought cream cheese or vanilla frosting
- Oreo Filling recipe below
- Soften butter/shortening.
- Cream butter/shortening.
- Whip together everything.
- Fill cookies.