2lbs French Cut Frozen Green Beans (barely cooked, very well drained..I actually press mine a bit in the strainer)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 jar of Old English Cheddar Cheese
1 small jar of stems & pieces mushrooms (optional, only add if you like extra mushrooms)
1 big can of French's French Fried Onion Rings (24oz)
2c. cheddar cheese (shredded. I prefer sharp. My mom prefers medium.)
- Drain/press barely cooked green beans, very very well.
- If you HAVE to use canned beans (cause you can't find frozen French cut beans) then still use french cut canned but they don't need to be cooked & they need to be drained even better.
- Mix soup & old english cheddar very well. Eliminating as many lumps as possible.
- Add beans to soup/cheese mixture & mix well.
- Add shredded cheese and about 3/4c of onions. Mix well.
- Put all into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted & its all starting to bubble which is usually about 30mins.
- Top casserole with the rest of the fried onions.
- Put back into the oven & bake until onions are crispy/browned.
- Allow to sit a few minutes before serving.