3 c. white/jasmine rice (cooked w/6c. water)
1# bacon (chopped into 1 inch pieces then fried, saving the grease)
1 bunch of green onions (diced)
1 bunch of celery (sliced)
1 can of sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1 can of sliced bamboo shoots (drained)
1 small bag of peas & carrots (frozen)
8 eggs beaten with some milk added (like you're making scrambled eggs)
1 tsp each: Garlic powder, salt, pepper & crushed red pepper flakes.
6-8oz soy sauce (low sodium)
- Fluff the cooked rice & put into a large non-stick pot over medium heat.
- Drizzle with a bit of reserved bacon grease & stir.
- Add 1/2 of the soy sauce & mix well.
- Saute onions & celery in a separate pan.
- Add water chestnuts & bamboo shoots to onions, sauteing for a bit.
- Add remaining soy sauce to onion mixture & mix.
- Add all spices to onion mixture.
- Add onion mixture to rice & mix well.
- Scramble eggs into the empty onion pan, using bacon grease to cook.
- When eggs are almost done add the bag of frozen veggies.
- Mix veggies & scrambled eggs well.
- Add eggs & veggies to rice & mix well.
- Finally add bacon to the rice mixture & mix well.
- Make sure everything is hot & serve immediately.