2 cans Rotel tomatoes & chiles
1 jar Herdez red salsa (mild, medium or hot depending on your tastes)
1 box vegetable stock
- DO NOT drain beans.
- Put 2 cans of beans, 1/2 of the stock & 1 can of Rotel into blender.
- Blend well.
- Combine blended ingredients, other 1/2 of stock, salsa & 2nd can of Rotel into soup pot.
- Bring to simmer.
- Thicken with corn starch slurry if necessary/wanted.
- Serve with a scoop of cold sour cream in each bowl.
- Best served with tortillas or corn bread.
Serves 8 large portions.
This soup is very filling!
May be made with chicken stock, but its not vegetarian then.