35-40 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or slivered almonds
1 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a 15 x 10 inch baking pan (cookie sheet with all 4 edges) with foil and grease it well.
- Line the pan with soda crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and cook stirring it until it dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately pour mixture over the soda crackers.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot cookies. Let set for a minute. Spread the chocolate evenly.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Let cool, then cut into bars.