1 medium white/yellow onion (diced)
2 cans chili beans (small red beans in slightly seasoned sauce)
1 can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can black olives (drained, rinsed & squished between your fingers)
cumin, chili powder, garlic powder & salt
2 ears of corn (cooked & cut off the cob)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes (mild)
1 bag of Marie Calendars cornbread mix + 1.5c water
- Preheat oven to 350degrees convection or 375degrees regular.
- Brown ground beef...adding onions & seasoning with cumin, garlic, chili powder & salt. (Think taco meat but in bigger pieces.)
- Add both cans of chili beans to the beef & rinse the sauce into the beef using 1/4c of water for each can.
- Add everything (other beans, corn, olives, rotel & meat/bean mix) to a 9x13 casserole.
- Mix well.
- Mix cornbread & water.
- Pour cornbread batter over the top of the bean/meat/corn mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes...or until the cornbread is cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream.