As far as the tortellini are concerned....I like using Buitoni cheese tortellinis from the refrigerator case at the store or the ones they carry at Sam's Club or Costco. If you want to use freshly made torts then I'm a fan of anything from Cal Pasta Productions in Chico or Vinciguerra in Jackson...both located in Nor Cal.
2 cans (14.5oz ea) stewed tomatoes (Italian seasoned)
1c chicken stock/broth (If you don't have broth or stock on hand, just add another cup of water.)
2 chicken bouillon cubes (You can add a 3rd if you don't use broth or stock....but taste it first.)
1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1lb packaged tortellini
1 pkg. (10oz) frozen chopped spinach
shredded Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Place a large pot on your stove.
- Put all ingredients into the pot except the tomatoes & tortellini.
- Slowly add tomatoes, squishing (with your hands) while you add them to the pot.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling stir well.
- Add tortellini & cook according to package directions.
- Once tortellini is cooked, serve in individual bowls & top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.