This recipe makes 12 muffin-tin sized individual meatloaves.
We top ours with your typical brown sugar/ketchup glaze (recipe follows) & then a scoop of mashed potatoes. Yes, they look like cupcakes & its totally cute.
Serve with veggies or a salad.
Adults eat 2 muffins...kids eat 1.
These are great leftovers!
Italian Style Mini Meatloaves:
1lb ground beef
1lb ground Italian sausage
4 eggs (fresh extra large...brown)
1c. (+/-) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
salt, pepper & garlic
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop portion the meat into a muffin tin.
- Individually roll each portion of meat into a large meatball & push into the muffin tin cavities.
- Place muffin tin onto a cookie sheet. (Just to catch possible drips...I've never gotten any.)
- Bake @ 350 (convection) or 375 (normal) for 20 minutes.
- To test for done-ness: Don't cut it! Touch the top of a few "muffins"...if they are firm, they are done, if they squish under your finger they aren't.)
- Shut off oven.
- Spoon glaze onto the top of each "loaf" & let sit in the oven for a few minutes till you serve.
1/4 c. Brown Sugar
1T. Italian Seasoning (optional)
2tsp. Garlic Powder