Pages...

April 21, 2011

Chocolate Eclair Cake

Dear Mother in Law- Thanks for making this concoction....its horrible. Horribly good. Lovingly- My Thighs

Yep, you heard it. This is a recipe from my mother in law. I love it. I love it so much I had to share, just so you all can enjoy the bliss along with me. Now I'm craving it too. Darn! FYI...The key to this recipe is letting it chill for several hours so the graham crackers soften. Just trust me.

1 box of whole graham crackers
2 boxes instant vanilla pudding (ea 4 serving size)
3 1/2c cold milk
8oz Cool Whip
1 container prepared chocolate frosting (yes, such as Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate)

  • Line the bottom of a 9x13 pan completely with the graham crackers.
  • Mix the milk & pudding mixes till thickened.
  • Fold the cool whip into the pudding.
  • Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture onto the bottom layer of graham crackers.
  • Add another layer of graham crackers.
  • Top with the remaining 1/2 of the pudding mixture.
  • Add a final layer of graham crackers. 
  • (Yes thats 3 layers of grahams & 2 layers of custardy, moussey, pudding. Alternating.)
  • Open your can of frosting & completely peel off the foil seal. 
  • Microwave the frosting for about 30 seconds....just long enough to make it pour-able.
  • Pour the entire container of frosting over the top layer of grahams & spread evenly.
  • Chill in the fridge for a few hours...or overnight. (This step is key!)
  • Enjoy.

No comments: