1 bag of baby carrots...the big size bag (not Costco sized)
- Plug in the crock pot & set on high.
- Add water to crock pot.
- Place brisket into the water. (Fat side up or down...it doesn't matter really, just don't trim it off. I actually rotate mine during the day since I'm home.)
- Place onion & pickling spices into the water.
- Cook on High for 4-6 hrs. (6hrs is awesome)
- Pull brisket carefully out of water & place into a casserole dish. (You may want to use 2 slotted spoons or spatulas...not tongs.)
- Add 1 full bag of baby carrots to the crock pot.
- Let carrots cook about 30 minutes...till done.
- Glaze the corned beef using below recipe while the carrots cook.
1/4 c. dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove & discard any remaining fat from the brisket.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. (Adding more or less of any ingredient per your taste.)
- Pour over the top of the brisket in the casserole dish.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Let cook in the oven approximately 30 minutes while the carrots cook in the crock pot.
- Slice & serve.