Pages...

March 23, 2011

Green Fluff Salad

What other names do you know this salad by?
So far we have: Green Fluff, Green Stuff, Green Goo, Watergate Salad, Pistachio Fluff....anything else???

1 Large tub of Cool Whip, thawed...but barely (I use light whipped topping)
1 large can of crushed pineapple (undrained)
2 small boxes of pistachio pudding (I use sugar free if I can find it)
1 small can of mandarin oranges (drained)
mini marshmallows (use the amount you like...we use about 3 cups)
shredded coconut (optional...but I use about 1 cup if I'm feeling coconutty)
  • Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Cover with plastic wrap.
  • Let sit overnight for best flavor.
  • Sprinkle crushed pistachios on top if you want the extra knowledge of what type pudding it is made with...plus the crunch & bit of salt is nice.
  • Serve as a "salad"...or a dessert. 
This makes quite a big batch...you can cut it in half, but be careful....you might end up with unhappy green goo eating kiddos who really wanted a scoop the next day. Its the perfect size batch for a potluck!!!

1 comment:

happylilcar said...

I think of you guys when I make this now. I remember Jesse freaking out and making sure there was an extra bowl in the fridge. ; )