5lbs Red Potatoes (washed, not peeled & cut into 1/4's)
1 large bunch/20 green onions (whites & greens diced)
3 cloves of fresh chopped garlic (or 1 Tbsp powder)
buttermilk (enough to cover the diced green onions in a bowl)
16oz sour cream
1/2 lb salted butter
salt & pepper (to taste)
- Boil potatoes till done.
- Drain potatoes well in a colander.
- Put butter, garlic, onions & buttermilk into the hot pan that you boiled your potatoes in.
- Add hot potatoes back into the pan.
- Mash potatoes into the buttermilk, butter & onions.
- Add sour cream & mix well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.