Do all people assume its tastes yucky, its stinky and like most cruciferous veggies...gives you gas?
Is it because when you cook it, it turns into a soggy mess?
Is it because the only way you are used to cabbage being used is in cole slaw?
Well you're all wrong.
Cabbage is awesome!!! If you cook it the correct way!!!
2 small green cabbages (small = medium to large grapefruit sized. If you can't find some that small, then peel down 2 large ones a bit)
Corned Beef liquid (from the crock pot after CB has been cooking for 4ish hrs)
Corned Beef Glaze (see corned beef post...make a double batch!
- Peel off the outer cabbage leaves & cut each cabbage into 1/4's leaving the core to hold each 1/4 together.
- Place cabbage into a large casserole dish cut sides up.
- Using a large ladle or spoon take enough cooking liquid from the crock pot & pour over the cabbages till there is about 1/2-3/4" of liquid in the casserole dish.
- Spoon a bit of glaze over each 1/4 of cabbage.
- Cover with saran/plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 15 minutes. (Yes in the microwave!!!)
- Cabbage is done when a fork can be easily inserted into the core section...but it shouldn't be mushy.