Truly I don't care what it means, its just freaking good.
Italian sausage, kale, potatoes, in a creamy but not thick base. (If you are aiming for a thick potato soup, this is not it.)
Its SO YUMMY!
Perfect for a cold night...or not so cold. Anytime of day its good really. I'd probably eat it for breakfast. We just had it for lunch...because lunch is our large meal on Thursdays.
1-2lbs of Hot Italian Ground (not in casings)
1Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
4 Russet Potatoes (washed well, skins left on, sliced in thin circles)
1 large yellow onion (sliced thin)
2 Tb minced garlic
1 cans Chicken broth (I use 1 large aspetic/cardboard container)
3-4 cups chopped kale (take out the center rib, and only use the sides)
2ish cups of heavy whipping cream
Salt & Pepper
- Brown sausage, crumbling during cooking.
- Drain sausage & put back into pot.
- Add Pepper Flakes.
- Add onions & garlic, brown a bit.
- Add potatoes.
- Add water & chicken broth
- Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped kale.
- Add cream.
- Shut off.
- Season to taste w/salt (it needs a bit) & pepper (I don't add any because I use the Hot sausage & red pepper flakes).