This morning, yes the morning after he finished his 1st semester of college finals, my husband woke up with either the stomach flu or food poisoning.
He tried to push through this morning and go to school to finish a non school related project, using the school video equipment. That didn't work...because hes home now and looking like death warmed over.
I just made him up my favorite concoction. Icy & cold, homemade lemon-lime "tummy-ade". I absolutely hate lemon lime flavored Gatorade, but this is SO good. Probably because its naturally flavored. Its also cheaper than buying sports drinks at the store.
2 Liters water
1 packet sugar free Lemon Kool-aid OR 1 packet/little tub of Great Value Lemonade Drink Mix (I prefer the GV)
10 Tbsp sugar
1 Tsp Kosher Salt
Empty juice bottle or milk jug
- Take water & put into blender.
- Add sugar, salt & drink mix.
- Juice lime into the blender.
- Blend well until all sugar, salt & drink mix is dissolved.
- Pour all into large empty bottle.
- Take a glass & fill part way with ice cubes.
- Pour Tummyade over the ice till glass is nearly full.
- Pour entire glass of ice & tummyade into the blender.
- Blend till the ice is gone.
- Pour back into the glass and tell the sicko to drink!
- Because its icy cold there is no hesitation in drinking this...its almost like a slushy.