- Grill/char the peppers & set aside in a plastic covered bowl to sweat.
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
1T lemon juice
1T lime juice
3c. olive oil
- Peel & de-seed the grilled, sweated peppers.
- Put all ingredients into food processor (except oil) & pulse several times.
- Slowly add oil to emulsify.
- Season with more salt & pepper to taste.
My favorite sandwich....a warm grilled chicken breast (herb marinated) sliced, on ciabatta bread, with provolone cheese, fresh tomato & greens with roasted red pepper aioli. OH MY GOODNESS.
Oh and did I mention smearing it onto a BLT? Heavenly!