1 cup shortening (not butter flavored)
1 cup margarine softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbl vanilla
- Blend all together.
- Roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick (the thicker- the softer the cookie)
- Cut with favorite cookie cutters.
- Use greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes (or until edges look SLIGHTLY tan and done).
- Cool then frost.
Frosting recipe (or use whatever frosting you want)
1 capful of vanilla
1 Tbl margarine
- Add enough powdered sugar and milk to form a spreadable frosting consistency.
- Add food coloring if desired.