Pages...

October 15, 2010

Jenny's Amazing Sugar Cookies

Yes. Jenny makes some of the BEST cookies I've ever had. Her sugar cookies are SOOO good. Oh my gosh, they're almost exactly like the thick fluffy sugar cookies you find at the store.


1 cup shortening (not butter flavored)
1 cup margarine softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbl vanilla

  • Blend all together. 
  • Roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick (the thicker- the softer the cookie) 
  • Cut with favorite cookie cutters. 
  • Use greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes (or until edges look SLIGHTLY tan and done). 
  • Cool then frost.
I've eaten Jennys frosting & love it. I've never made it myself, I just make my own. But if you want the whole package then here is here recipe for that too.


Frosting recipe (or use whatever frosting you want)
1 capful of vanilla
milk
powdered sugar
1 Tbl margarine

  • Add enough powdered sugar and milk to form a spreadable frosting consistency. 
  • Add food coloring if desired.

No comments: