Who loves Mexican food??? I DO!!!
Who loves Mexican Funeral Potatoes??? WE ALL DO!!!
This is a
Don't know what funeral potatoes are???
They are the LDS/Mormon dish traditionally served....at
Nobody claims these are healthy. They just taste amazing.
2 bags of frozen tater tots (this should nearly fill your 9x13 pan)
2 jars of cheddar cheese sauce (16oz ea or 32oz total)
1 large can of cream of celery, mushroom or chicken soup (optional)
1 large can (6oz?) of fire roasted diced green chiles
2 cans (10oz ea) of Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles
2 Tbsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- Spray bottom of 9x13 pan with Pam or cooking spray.
- Dump in tots and spread evenly.
- Heat up cheese in microwave a bit then pour or spoon over tots.
- If using the cream of ....soup, spoon it over tots & cheese.
- Drain Rotel of 1/2 the liquid (not all).
- Add Rotel & Diced Green Chilis.
- Sprinkle liberally with garlic powder & fresh black powder.
- Mix well.
- Bake @350 until bubbly in the middle...about 45 minutes.
- Can be topped with a nice layer of cheddar cheese or some sour cream or a sprinkle of green onions...or nothing at all.