I also made Peach freezer jam and this recipe was sitting there waiting to be posted as well.
Last year @ the Marysville Peach Festival I purchased a full lug of Red Haven Peaches.
These peaches were gorgeous. They were the color of the sunset...the sunset in CA during fire season!
The jam turned out equally pretty. It was so close in color to my strawberry jam its crazy, just a bit orangey in comparison.
(Red Haven) Peach Freezer Jam
- Freezer Safe Canning Jars/Glad Ware/Tupper Ware or Freezer Containers (Washed & Rinsed)
- 1 box 100% Natural Sure Jell Premium Fruit Pectin (powdered 1.75oz)
- 3 cups of finely chopped peaches (usually takes about 2lbs)
- 4 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 c. water
- Wash & Rinse "jars" or containers.
- Prepare fruit as directed on pectin package (peel, pit & finely chop. a potato mashers will help. do not puree. jam has chunks.)
- Measure EXACT amount of fruit (3 c.) along with the lemon juice (2 T) into a large bowl.
- Measure EXACT amount of sugar (4.5 c.) into a separate bowl.
- Stir sugar into fruit. Mix well. Let stand 10 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Stir 1 box of pectin into 3/4 c of water in small saucepan. (Pectin will start out lumpy.) Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin mixture into fruit & sugar mixture.
- Stir pectin/fruit/sugar mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour or ladle into prepared containers, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top for expansion during freezing. Cover & seal with lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 12-24 hrs until set. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Otherwise store in the freezer for up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator.