Pages...

April 6, 2010

Oreo Truffles


  • 1 package oreo cookies (use whole cookie including the cream center)
  • 1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
  • chocolate "bark"
  1. Crush cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together....or use a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
  2. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
  3. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
  4. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
  5. Makes about 36 truffles.
You can also use mint oreos or peanut butter oreos or strawberry cream oreos. Yum!
You can coat in white or regular chocolate "bark".
You can use small cookie cutters to form into shapes...such as hearts or stars or roll into footballs instead of traditional balls!

2 comments:

The crazy Shaw Family said...

I hope you know I officially hold you responsible for the failure of my diet! I read the recipe and gained 4 pounds! what happens when I actually make them? Joe just had this glazed look of "nom nom nom" on his face when I read him the recipe!

Freyja Colborn said...

Yum!!!! I am definitely going to have to try making these.