Pages...

March 10, 2010

Our "Go To" Meals

I recently started teaching a new class for Relief Society, these are offered in addition to my FUNdamentals of Food classes. The 4-part series is called "Stretching Your Budget" and it was designed with the current economic issues in mind. The 1st class was "Menu Planning & Easy Meals". One of the biggest things we discussed other than the whys and hows of menu planning was our easy "go to" meals in our families.

If each family has approximately 14 go to meals for dinner then you can easily menu plan. Not only easily but quickly.

Our "Go-To Meals":
  1. Goulash
  2. Stroganoff
  3. Chicken & Rice
  4. Pizza (French Bread, Mini Biscuit & BBQ...or Papa Murphys)
  5. Chowder & French Bread (Chicken, Corn or Clam)
  6. Soup & Grilled Cheese
  7. Quesadillas
  8. Tacos/Burritos/Tostadas
  9. Chicken Enchiladas
  10. Tri-Tip
  11. Hamburgers
  12. Mac & Cheese
  13. Swedish Meatballs
  14. Spaghetti/Tortellini/Ravioli (or any form of pasta with red sauce)
  15. Alfredo (usually w/chicken & broccoli) 
  16. Chili: Green Chili, White Bean Chicken Chili, Sweet Red w/Black Beans
  17. Tuna/Salmon & Noodles
  18. Ham & Cheese Spaghetti Bake
  19. Chicken Divan
  20. Breakfast for Dinner
  21. Pork Chops (w/Rice or w/Scalloped Taters) 
  22. Bacon Fried Rice
  23. Pulled Pork Sandwiches
  24. Pork Spare Ribs
  25. BBQ Tuna
  26. Salmon - BBQ or Otherwise
  27. Empanadas
  28. Milanesa
  29. Pot Roast
  30. Stuffed Baked Potatoes
  31. BLT's
  32. Chili Mac

3 comments:

Sara said...

Great list! I could make a lot of those and enjoy them so maybe I will start broadening my weekly menu with more home cooked goodness. It's just hard cause Marcus isn't with us for most meals and I get sick of leftovers. Some things are hard to make in small quantities. I need to do what my friend Jackie does and make some casseroles ahead and freeze some. I should do that before the baby...hm, thanks for making me think :)

Sarah said...

I will have to do a post on freezer meals soon.

Sara said...

I'd love that. We thought our chest freezer was broken at the old house but the outside electricity was just blown.