Pages...

May 25, 2009

CM's Famous French Toast Batter

I say its famous because its the only recipe I'll use. Today I used it for our ward Memorial Day breakfast. Its what I cook at home....and what I used to cook at work. The recipe originated in the somewhat famous smaller restaurant I worked at in Chico.

This is a 1/2 batch.

5 eggs
1 1/4 c. whole milk
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. fresh grated nutmeg
1 T honey
2 T brown sugar
zest of 1/2 an orange
juice of 1/2 an orange

Blend all together and let sit overnight.
In the morning make your french toast, using rhick Texas Toast style bread.

Top with berries or whipped cream or butter and powdered sugar....or a squeeze of lemon juice. Yum!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

YUMMY! I have a recipe that we love. But, I will try this one. Sounds heavenly! I am mad that we missed those yummy french toast. Stinky ears and infections! Thanks for the recipe!