Sweet Red Chili:
1lb ground meat (we use beef)
2 small cans of black beans (drained & rinsed)
2 small cans of any type red beans (drained & rinsed)
1 med onion (diced)
3 T minced garlic
2 small cans of tomato sauce
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1/4 c. Chili powder (I cook with chili molida or "new mexican" chili powder)
a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes or ground red peppers (for heat)
1/3 c. brown sugar
4 shakes of lea & perrins
- Brown beef, onion & garlic till cooked through.
- Put in pot with everything else. (crock-pot is ok on low)
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10-15 minutes. (crock pot on warm, for however long till you want to eat)
- Serve over rice, sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Roll into tortillas, eat with corn bread, etc.
- Serves 6-8